The IDEAS Initiative closes the health gap for Indigenous and remote communities by providing a visiting service that gives access to first class specialist services in the familiar cultural surrounds of a Community Controlled Health Service.
The IDEAS Initiative helps improve the management of diabetes and in turn reduce the occurrence of diabetic eye disease.
List of Participating Aboriginal Medical Services
- Toowoomba, Warwick – Carbal Medical Centre
- Dalby, Oakey, St George – Goondir Health Service
- Cherbourg – Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal & Islander Community Controlled Health Services
- Charleville, Mitchell, Quilpie, Roma – Charleville Western Areas Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Community Health
- Cunnamulla – Cunnamulla Aboriginal Corporation for Health
- Mount Isa – Gidgee Healing Aboriginal Medical Services
- Townsville – Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Health Services
- Palm Island – Palm Island Community Company
- Rockhampton – Bidgerdii Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Services
- Gladstone – Nhulundu Wooribah Indigenous Health Organisation Incorporated
- Hervey Bay, Maryborough – Galangoor Duwalami Primary Health Care Service
- Maroochydore – North Coast Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health
- Bundaberg – Indigenous Wellbeing Centre